Our institution, established in 1960, run by Uttar Purva Gujarat UchchKelavani Mandal, Pilvai, and affiliated to Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan is only trifaculty college in the rural area of North Gujarat. This institution has been situated at Pilvai. Pilvai is a small village of Vijapur Taluka, Dist. Mehsana and is having population of 8000 people only. Due to the guidance of sighted Management members, scholar principals and teachers, this college has earned esteemed reputation not only in Mehsana District but also in all over Gujarat. Initially this college started with two faculties but due to requirement of the students, commerce faculty was also established in 1980.
Here, in Arts faculty the subjects: Sanskrit, Gujarati, Hindi, History and Economics; in Commerce faculty Advance Accountancy and in Science Faculty Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany and Physics can be offered as principal subjects at Graduation level. Post-Graduation courses in Arts with Hindi, in Commerce with Accountancy and in Science with Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are also run here. We have number of University recognized research guides in the subjects i.e. Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Sanskrit and Gujarati under whom about 60 students have carried out their Ph.D. research work successfully and have been awarded with Doctorate Degree. Recently more than 20 students have been carrying on their research work here. Various shot term programmes are also run here to enhance skill of the students.
Our Institute accredited with ‘A’ Grade (CGPA 3.01) by NAAC.The institute is also accredited with ‘A’ Grade (CGPA 3.04) in AAABy KCG (Govt. of Gujarat).The prestigious CPE (2ndPhase) Status is also awarded By UGC. Now we are going to 3rd cycle of NAAC accreditation in the year 2019.
In addition to routine teaching, highly qualified teachers of this institution are experimenters of things in teaching. With a view to arousing versatile personality of students, co-curricular and extra curricular activities like cultural, sports, N.S.S.,N.C.C. are duly carried out here. Huge sports grounds, affluent library and laboratories, well equipped hostel, Community Science Centre and disciplined, eco-friendly academic atmosphere are the peculiarities of this institution.
Other than above our College Administrative office and library are fully computerized. Rest of these we started intranet facility for the students. This facility provide hand on study materials, PPT, Video Lecture etc. for students. We also provide Online Quiz of 15 subjects through intranet facility.This intranet facility don’t need internet.
Before 3 years for the maintaining eco-friendly environment and to conserve rare and endanger plants species, we established a botanical garden (Anandi Van) in our campus.
The business tycoons, reputed leaders and citizens have remained the students of this institution. And we are proud of such successful persons.
In the nearer future this institution is going to introduce short term vocational courses and career oriented courses.
- Establishment of College: June 1960.
- Starting of Hostel: June 1960.
- P.G. Centre: M.Sc. (Organic & Physical Chemistry): June 1960.
- Commerce College: June 1980.
- P.G. Centre: M.A. (Hindi): June 1984…..
- Adhoc P.G.Centre: M.Sc.(Mathematics) : June 1990-April 1992.
- Tridashabdi Mahotsav: 1992.
- College Credit Society : May 1993.
- Industrial Chemistry (Vocational Course) Started : 1996
- All India Inter – University Kabaddi Tournament (West Zone) : 1997
- Pilvai College Vartul : June 2003.
- Gymnasium: 2004
- Community Science Centre : April 2004.
- P.G. Centre : M.A.(Hindi) Entire : June 2005.
- NAAC : March 2007
- Digital English Language Laboratory (DELL): February 2009
- College With Potential for Excellence(CPE) Award : 2010
- Women Hostel : 2011
- Swarnim Mahotsav : 2011-12
- Mathematics Computer Lab : 2012
- BA (English) & B Sc(Self Finance) : 2012
- Virtual Class Room : 2013